JODI COLLINS enjoys her love of teaching and paying it forward with a track record that includes:
- Adjunct professor position at NYU in entertainment industry business acumen
- A comedy branding, script analysis and auditioning class for over 5 years at the prominent ONE ON ONE STUDIOS, NYC
- Private audition coaching
- American Theatre Wing's Springboard class, on camera auditioning, branding & business acumen
- Advising and guiding the development process of comedy content development using iPhone and Tablets only with Cheri Fogleman.
- Prep audition work w. middle school kids
- Prep work parent consultations for college
PRIVATE COACHING, STYLING, INDIVIDUAL BRANDING, STRATEGIC PLANNING
Each session is TAILOR MADE attending to each performer's needs. Given by Jodi Collins
*PRIVATE COACHING Includes work on audition materials and knowing "the room" to best adjust to different conditions
*STYLING Take what you have in your closet & define the best you that pops
*INDIVIDUAL BRANDING Includes work to define each candidate most specifically from look to tone to material in order for your true vocal tone & personality to resonate loudly & clearly for best booking possibilities & presentation
*STRATEGIC PLANNING Includes work to create a best individual game plan to obtain work after identifying your "sweet spot"
Contact: EnterJCCasting@gmail.com for appointments & questions / Varied pricing
NEW CLASS COMING ON JUNE 11, 2016 HOSTING & COMEDY Co teaching w. **Sean Desimone
Have you considered being A DYNAMIC TV HOST, COMEDIC PERSONALITY and/or TALKING HEAD on a digital or cable network show?
IDEAL FOR established tv hosts, comedians, sketch performers & experts.
Class description: This class will bring out your unique comedic style for tv & digital hosting to allow you to be not only interesting but funny & memorable. You'll work with us through exacted and proven methods to become the “best you” establishing your individual POV. Stand out from the crowd and be in position for the job to be undeniably yours . We will a combine your hosting skill set with your sense of fun, smarts & humor and vice versa. *All participants will be put on camera and provided with a link of your work.
Date: Saturday, June 1th, 2016 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM Location: Alchemical Studios 104 West 14th St , 3rd Floor NYC Cost: $199.00 Payment: Accepted through PAYPAL.
Instructions: https://www.paypal.com/home, click on the top “send” tab and make payment to email@example.com
Contact: Sean or Jodi to book your spot at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or call 917 261 4996
**SEAN DESIMONE owner of Sean De Simone Casting has been specializing in casting and developing TV hosts and experts since 2003 and has literally auditioned thousands of candidates. Sean works closely with top NY and LA based production companies along with network clients including Oxygen, WE, MTV2, Food Network, Bravo, Fuse, Lifetime, TLC, Discovery, HGTV
and ongoing casting for QVC.
FOR KIDS & FOR PARENTS' COLLEGE PLANNING:
TV AUDITION COACHING session for KIDS l PARENT/KID CAREER/BUSINESS CONSULTATION
#1-TV AUDITION: Receive a CASTING DIRECTOR guided 1 hour on camera session reflecting a real tv audition (with coaching) in a studio w. tv script & sides from an actual broadcast or cable network tv show
#2- CONSULTATION: A 1 hour Q & A personal discussion re what’s important knowledge to possess, what to know about a career in the entertainment business & what the industry entails, what are best choice colleges & what is expected of college auditions. Gain legitimate clarity ahead of making college choices, know what to be doing now.
One hour Audition Coaching session @ $150 (price packages are arranged at a bulk rate).
One hour Parent/Kid consultation @. $300.00
Contact: JodeCol@gmail.com for appointments & questions
REEL SIMPLE COMEDY CONTENT CLASS / COMING IN JULY 2016
Accepting submissions & wait list names for 2016 classes now. Reel Simple Comedy Content Class
IF you've got a smart phone and/or a tablet...yeah you do...we'll collaborate, create & shoot! THE PLAN is creating visibility for yourself & your work, stirring your creative mind, generating & eliciting work.
CREATE 1-3 mins of COMEDY CONTENT WITH YOUR SMART PHONE OR TABLET IN 3 WEEKS!
Use technology to your advantage. It's your career. You can create it.
You'll join a team of 3-4 smarty pants funny people like yourself as collaborators producer, director, writer, editor, performer (in any & all roles). We brainstorm, you shoot, we give notes, you edit on iMovie or the equivalent to create unique original filmed content! Materials are created for a VIABLE industry presentation, a product to sell, a webisode, and/or other creative digital project. *A bi-product is being guided through what the actual development and pitching process is.
Plus: Invited guests from the web series/digital world lend insight.
Class structure: Select group of 16 max Class #5: TBD (registration & waiting list): firstname.lastname@example.org Location: Union Square, NYC Cost: $275 Payment: through Venmo
Payment instructions: Here's how you do it! 1. Go to (button) Venmo.com 2. Sign up 3. Press pay and type in our email address "email@example.com" 4. Enter the amount and a reason for this payment, for example "$275 REEL SIMPLE Comedy Content Class" 5. Click Pay 6. You will be prompted to put in your debit/credit info, and you are all done!
*Cash payment discounted @ $250 & receipts given at class.
Submissions: Send us your comedy performance and/or writer bio or resume enterjccasting@ gmail .com
- JODI COLLINS is a manager & producer who develops talent and content, a casting director, and teacher/coach. She is also the principle of JLC Entertainment Group. Her company’s development and casting work continues to be in tv comedy and she has also co-developed two, one person stage shows; one for the infamous HBO Aspen Comedy Arts Festival and another for New York Theatre Workshop and its Off Broadway run. JODI COLLINS has close long time industry development relationships with the networks and tv studios inclusive of Sony, FX and CBS, etc. which offers direct access to those buyers. She is also known for scouting and finding talent in their infancy. Discoveries are Kate McKinnon of SNL fame as one and two of the current Girl Code girls, and she was an early champion of the “UCB 4,” Zach Galafanakis, Kristen Schall, Thomas MIddleditch, Zack Woods, Ellie Kemper, Brett Gelman, Jon Daly, etc.
- CHERI PAIGE FOGLEMAN is a producer, writer, director and "Jeanine" from the award-winning, critically acclaimed, three seasons of HOT MESS; ShesAMess.com. As a performer CHERI PAIGE is a graduate of the highly pedigreed North Carolina School of the Arts program and the Maggie Flanigan Studio. She has performed at Theatre Row: playing the title role in Liz Meriwether’s “I Bought a Bunker, Bitch.” and all over the off-off Bway theater scene. CHERI PAIGE has also worked in film and assorted tv commercials. As a champion athlete you might also have seen this amazing lady featured in Glamour and NY Magazine, in workout videos or on an Asics billboard. www.CheriPaigeFogleman.com
What students of the Reel Simple Comedy Content Class are saying:
Jes Dugger "This class is perfect for actors who are ready to create their own work. It's hard to know where to start, but Cheri and Jodi do a beautiful job of guiding you through the process of bringing a concept to life while keeping it simple."
Kelly Kolatec "The class, for me, was like that one friend you have that will pick you up when you're elbows deep in a pile of pizza and cereal, crying, and will grab you by the shirt and shake the shit out of you and say "What's wrong with you?? You're better than this! There's a Trader Joes's at the end of your block with ready-to-go salads. It's so easy! Get your life together, man!", kind of thing."
Danielle Kaye "I immediately knew that this was exactly what I've needed to professionally move forward. Meet-and-greets can be great, and can help actors learn who-is-who in the industry. But learning how to simultaneously further your own vision and visibility
as a performer is priceless."
Natalie Birriel "I wanted to learn both how to make quality content and also execute it in a quick turn around, and now after your class I feel empowered to do so!"
Traci Swain "Just do it. There isn't any room for procrastination. Reel Simple Content is a fast-paced, do-it-yourself class that forces you to get off your butt and make things happen. I was actually impressed with myself and my team. In two weeks time, we produced a finished product - from A to Z - one that I was extremely proud of."