JODI COLLINS enjoys her love of teaching, exploring your authenticity + paying it forward. Her track record of experience includes:
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY Adjunct Professor & Guest Speaker--Entertainment industry business acumen
- ONE ON ONE, NYC Comedy branding, script analysis + audition class at this nyc prominent studio
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY's Tepper semester in New York City BOARD MEMBER , Teaching upcoming students to be CASTING DIRECTORS
- Private coaching For AUDITIONS + CALLBACKS
- AMERCIAN THEATRE WING's "Springboard" advanced program Yearly class for national select students on-camera auditioning, branding & business acumen
- Advisor/Dramaturg Comedy content development
•••JLC CLASS !!! ON TREND!
IMAGINE Be A Hyphenate, Create Content, Stimulate Your Imagination in times of Covid & beyond!
BE THE FULLEST + MOST UNDENIABLE YOU!
FOR APPOINTMENTS + QUESTIONS CONTACT JODECOL@GMAIL.COM Subject line-'HYPHENATE'
So you want to be a HYPHENATE in comedy performing, developing + pitching!
- Think in terms of a picture being worth a thousand words for simplicity and clarity as your goal.
- Think about what an amazing time this is where we can't help but explore and express our deeper selves.
- Think about the LARGER OPPORTUNITY of NOW; a captive audience to engage with as so many eyes watch virtually.
- to keep fit + vibrant
- to flesh out where your content might come from
- to define your life themes and stories
- to be most competitive in today's industry marketplace
- Who are you authentically???
- Where are you 'complete + richest' as a CREATIVE
- Define this to become solid in writing loglines, generating ideas, amplifying your imagination and pitching.
AT ONE ON ONE STUDIOS--COMEDY
REGISTRATION: 212.691.6000 https://www.oneononenyc.com/ny-classes
*Finding A-List Representation Tips *Booking Comedy Series + Landing Pilot Auditions *Branding Yourself This class is designed for the overall actor and/or hyphenates who have a background in professional training from any of the applicable arts-related disciplines.
Talent will fine-tune their audition technique, learn to present confidently and fully in auditions & pitch meetings and pinpoint their most authentic selves to book & sell work.
They will receive the uncensored truth about where they fit from the casting director’s pov along with how they ‘read’ as a personality…;and will then use that while learning where to land jokes and how to dissect/think about sides like a full script.
All will be given ‘insider’ industry tips from a professional who has worked as both; as an occasional dramaturg and as an executive in casting, producing, & development.
PRIVATE COACHING, STYLING, INDIVIDUAL BRANDING, STRATEGIC PLANNING
FOR APPOINTMENTS + QUESTIONS CONTACT JODECOL@GMAIL.COM Subject line-'CLASS' Varied pricing
Each session is TAILOR MADE attending to each performer's needs. Given by Jodi Collins
- *PRIVATE COACHING Includes work on audition materials and knowing "the room" to best adjust to different conditions
- *STYLING Take what you have in your closet & define the best you that pops
- *INDIVIDUAL BRANDING Includes work to define each candidate most specifically from look to tone to material in order for your true vocal tone & personality to resonate loudly & clearly for best booking possibilities & presentation
- *STRATEGIC PLANNING Includes work to create a best individual game plan to obtain work after identifying your "sweet spot"
HOSTING & COMEDY
Have you considered being A DYNAMIC TV HOST, THOUGHT LEADER, SOCIAL JUSTICE COMMENTATOR COMEDIC PERSONALITY and/or TALKING HEAD for a digital or cable network show?
Class description: This class will bring out your unique comedic style for tv & digital hosting to allow you to be not only interesting but funny & memorable. You'll work with us through exacted and proven methods to become the “best you” establishing your individual POV. Stand out from the crowd and be in position for the job to be undeniably yours . We will a combine your hosting skill set with your sense of fun, smarts & humor and vice versa. *All participants will be put on camera and provided with a link of your work.
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE & THEIR PARENTS
COLLEGE PLANNING: TV AUDITION COACHING session for KIDS l PARENT/KID CAREER/BUSINESS CONSULTATION
FOR APPOINTMENTS + QUESTIONS CONTACT JODECOL@GMAIL.COM Subject line-'YOUNG'
#1-TV AUDITION: Private coaching--Prep audition work with middle school kids wanting to try their hand at acting
Receive a CASTING DIRECTOR guided 1 hour on camera session reflecting a real tv audition (with coaching) w. tv script & sides from an actual broadcast or cable network tv show
#2- CONSULTATION: Parent consultations for college--College prep consultation
A 1 hour Q & A personal discussion re what’s important knowledge to possess, what to know about a career in the entertainment business & what the industry entails, what are best choice colleges & what is expected of college auditions. Gain legitimate clarity ahead of making college choices, know what to be doing now.
Pricing: Packages available at discounted rate
One hour Audition Coaching session @ $150 .00
One hour Parent/Kid consultation @. $300.00